A Trigger is a business rule that you can define to automatically execute an action in response to the creation, deletion, or update of any record in Accompa. For example, if you want to send an automatic email to an employee or a group of employees when you create a new requirement, you can set up a trigger to do that.
Triggers are extremely helpful in streamlining your work-flow. Your Accompa account comes with the ability to add triggers to objects like "Features", "Requirements", and "Use Cases". You can also add triggers to custom objects.
Examples of Triggers:
- A trigger can automatically send an e-mail to the author or creator of a "Requirement" anytime the "Requirement" is updated.
- A trigger can automatically send an e-mail to your lead engineer anytime a new "Requirement" is created.
- A trigger can:
- Automatically send an e-mail with the title, and description to your product design team anytime a "Feature" is assigned the status "Approved", and at the same time.
- Automatically send your engineering team a separate e-mail including the expected "Release Date" and other important information regarding the same "Feature".
Benefits of Triggers:
- Update users automatically of additions or changes to any records in Accompa.
- You can configure custom criteria for triggers, in order to match or improve your existing workflow.
- Inform members of your team about change in "Status", "Estimated Completion Date", or other important fields of any record.